- This event has passed.
Choose Health: Fun, Food, and Fitness
August 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Facilitated by the Wildcat Extension Office, Choose Health: Food, Fun, and Fitness is coming to the Pittsburg Public Library!
Join our Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) staff the first week of August to learn how to “Choose Health.” This free class is open to children ages 11-13. The class will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on August 1, 2, 3, 4 and August 8, 9, 10, 2022. Participants are encouraged to attend all the classes. Each lesson builds on the last and participants will get the most out of attending all the classes.
During the class, youth participants will focus on “Choose Health” behavior including:
- Drinking water instead of sugary drinks.
- Switching to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
- Making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Making at least half your grains whole grains.
- Enjoying all food but eat less of certain foods.
- Avoiding oversized portions.
This program is provided by the Wildcat Extension Office in partnership with the Pittsburg Public Library. Registration is required. Please contact Cristina Rueda EFNEP Nutrition Assistant, to register today! Call (620) 308-2970 or email.